So many distractions...

I got my Roller Derby swap items completed and mailed. And my partner received today, so I can post the pics of my items. I made her a messenger bag/ satchel that I painted a roller skate design on. It was my first time sewing a bag and I was so happy with how it turned out. I stenciled a tank top with "Support Local Roller Derby". I decorated a mouthguard case with rhinestones. The design is a skate, in case you can't tell. I also spray painted I <3 RD on a  metal water bottle. Then I made tiny shrinky dink skates with wings to attach to everything I could plus some extras for her to play with as she likes.








I also mailed out my Ostara swap package a couple of weeks ago, but never shared. I made my partner a tarot box covered with bits and bobs for attracting faeries. Inside I included components for a special ritual for my partner. I sewed a tarot bag and painted it with a stylized tree. I decorated a basket with spring flowers and painted a couple of wooden eggs in my partners favorite spring flowers. 





Seth and I also painted eggs for my personal altar. I will have to get good photos and post them. I love that he would do that with me. :) 

I have gotten a couple of pages done on the  52 weeks of Art Journaling for Aradia's Cauldron as well. I have managed to get photos of only one though, but it's a good one. I really love how this turned out. 



I'm finishing up my labyrinth swap this week to send out on Friday. So there should be photos of that soon too. As well as of my Viking dress and overdress that I started this weekend. I will also be working on Beltane crafts soon, both for a craftster swap and just for myself. More soon. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay! Great intentions. I liked the way you used the library card!
Unknown said…
Okay, woah! I know I've been out of the loop for a while, but I didn't know you do roller derby! Wait, do you skate or just enjoy watching other ladies knock each other senseless? Of course in the most legal way possible without forearms or back blocking. :P
AlphaBetsy said…
I am not a roller girl, yet. I have my first wannabe clinic in a little over a week. :) I love it so I am super excited.
Emi Brade said…
Great PAJ page, I can't wait to see more!

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Mad Tea Party 2013 - and a giveaway