My life as of May 26, 2011

This month has been a test. The first two weekends held renaissance festivals. Then came Mother's day. Then an unexpected death. Then the Race for the Cure. This past weekend saw a road trip to Missouri, a couple of fun stops and a close encounter of the tornado kind.

With all of this going on I also made the deans list at school and was invited to the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. I am definitely going to join. I secured my loans for the next year plus. And I got my next set of classes scheduled. Woo-hoo. I have a couple of papers to write this weekend and then my classes are done for the spring quarter. Time flies.

My weight loss is still  going. Slowly, but still moving downward. The last two weekends with a funeral and a road trip did nothing to help. Most people do not bring healthy foods to the bereaved, they bring comfort foods. And while I did pretty good food wise on the road trip, I snacked a lot. More than I should have for sure. My new goal is to hit one-derland by Samhain. I have my second wannabe clinic for derby this coming Tuesday. And the Warrior Dash is Saturday June 4, so next Saturday, oh my god. I am feeling so good though. I feel healthier than I have in years. I am so proud of myself for getting this far and for keeping it going.

We are going to start really shopping for a wedding location in June. I am also going to start having craft parties to start working on all of the handmade and crafted pieces I would like for the wedding. Like my button bouquet, which I want to be crazy big and beautiful. So much to do... and I know if I put it off I will have a panic attack and cancel the wedding. We have already arranged for my friend Cliff to make the cake topper for the wedding. I know he will make something amazing for us. I think we know who will be taking photographs as well. Things are coming together. Only 500 days to go.

I think that is all for now. More soon on my trips and such.


Comments

Marfi-topia said…
congratulations! keep us posted:)
AlphaBetsy said…
Thanks. I certainly will. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Betsy's Gypsy Dreams