Getting a strange start...

2012 is starting out not so good for me. It could be worse, and I know that, but still.

On Tuesday I got up, worked out, got ready for work, walked out to my car and found that someone had smashed out my driver's side window, pulled out my center console and stolen the heating panel out of my car. WTH!! The heating panel?! I don't get it, but it happened, so I am currently driving a red Dodge Grand Caravan while my Beastie (my cars name is Beastie) is being repaired. I had this horrible fear that they might have to/ want to total my car, which with Seth not having a job would have been really bad, but luckily this is not the case. Yay!!

In a good note I bought an awesome offer through Groupon today. It is for a month long bootcamp work out program, where you do a boot camp class 3 days a week for 4 weeks. Plus with the package I bought you can also take 10 fitness classes like kettlebell and yoga. Why I like this one is that they offer classes at 5:15 am, which will actually work with my school/class schedule. So I took the plunge. I will let you know when I start and what I think. I just need to jump-start myself back into workouts etc. I am having a hard time getting the loss started again and I think this will help.

On that front though I am able to wear a dress that I refused to let go of when I gained weight. It is the best little black dress I ever owned and I can finally wear it again. I am beyond excited. I am wearing it tomorrow night when Seth and I are going out to dinner at Tip Top Kitchen and Cocktails and then going to see Shrek the Musical at the Ohio Theatre. I am so excited. The music from the musical is great and I know I will love it.  Yay date night.

More soon.

Comments

LuLu Kellogg said…
Ohhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooo! I am so sorry about your car!!! You poor thing!

I hope today is better! You will have to post pics of you in your pretty dress!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo
Bird said…
Oh my gosh, that's flippin' awful! WTH!?! is right. I had someone break into my car in our driveway and take out all the change and the CDs before... but not something like that and they didn't smash the window... just jimmied the door. Sorry this happened. Car repairs are awful and never cheap.

Fabulous about being able to get into your little black dress again. That's wonderful. I'm working on losing weight myself right now. Slow going...

Hope you have a wonderful date night and a beautiful weekend with only happy and joyful things to happen all weekend long,
Bird
Birgit said…
Hi Betsy,

First of all, thanks so much for leaving comments on my blog. That certainly makes blogging extra special! :)

I am sorry to hear about your car -- ARGH! Kudos to you for taking on the work out challenge. Last year I wrote a little story for a contest and won a 6-month-membership for the local gym. I started to work out in the beginning of January, and I must say that I like the new routine. Later today I will go to my first Zumba lesson. :)

Are you interested in winning a white cotton T-shirt with a pink heart and the words I ♥ Oktoberfest in size L? Then come over to my blog until Sunday, 22nd January, and leave a comment here . The shirt might come handy for your work out!

What about having a look at my Advent and Christmas and getting an impression of Munich's Christmas market ? Moreover, you can see some frosty weather photos and pictures from a walk around my neighborhood on January 1st. Finally, there are photos of New Year's Eve . Of course, comments are welcome -- it's always great to hear what you think!

Have a wonderful 2012,
your blog friend from Munich, Germany,
Birgit
Toriz said…
Sorry to hear about your car. :(

That's great about being able to get in to the dress again though! :)
Celia said…
So sorry about your car....my car was broken into 2 days before Christmas....so I know the feeling of WTH?? It's fantastic that you can fit into that little black dress! Congrats!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Mad Tea Party 2013 - and a giveaway