Spring into Fitness

When I heard the new description for the Spring into Fitness challenge from get off your broom I was so intrigued that I had to jump into this round. I will spare you a complete description and just say that if you are interested after reading my goals and such that you should check out the get off your broom blog.

This is me on 3-24 . 
My starting numbers:
Weight: 209
Bust: 45.5
Waist: 39.5
Hips: 43
Thigh: 23
Bicep: 13.25



TASK 1: Set your goals and make a plan. 

My goal is to weigh under 199 pounds by the end of the challenge and to have dropped one dress size.
To make this happen I will:
Continue on Weight Watchers. I have recently switched to points plus, and kind of love it. I like that weight watchers really encourages you to eat well and when I am consistent and really do it, it works really well.
Work out at least 30 minutes a day 7 days a week.
Eat no fried foods at all...not even fries at sit down restaurants.
Eat more fish and nuts, because my good cholesterol is low, like unhealthy low.
Eat even more veggies and fruit.
STOP FALLING OFF THE WAGON ON THE WEEKEND!! It's an awful habit I have gotten into and it has got to stop.
Find the points for meals at favorite restaurants and stick to those foods.

And now for the really fun elemental goals
Water - I will drink more water. My goal is to drink 64oz per day. I have my brita water bottle and I am ready to go.
Earth - I will work in my yard more, mow bi weekly and generally connect with the earth. It's great exercise and it grounds me, and keeps me calm.
Air - As the element of intelligence I will take a class, or learn an exercise technique that is completely new to me.
Fire - Keep myself motivated and keep my energy up. Kick in the competitive nature within myself.
Spirit - I will meditate and concentrate on self love and self esteem. This is always a hard place for me, and I have come a long way, but still have a long way to go.

I also have a reward planned when I reach my goals. I will get my next tattoos, the words Thought and Memory on my wrists, which will eventually be accompanied by large ravens on both of my forearms.

Task 2: Calculating Broom Points


One broom point is rewarded for 15 minutes of work out.

My goal is to work out a half hour a day seven days a week. There are eleven and a half weeks in the challenge. So my goal will be 14 points per week. So my goal for the whole challenge will be 161 points at least. I will hopefully get over that number, but it's nice to shoot for.

Task 3: The Thou Art Goddess Challenge of the Week.

I love this ritual and will be performing it Friday night. I am sharing it in it's entirety because I like it a lot and thought some of you might too.

Consecrating the body is a traditional ritual in Wicca and paganism. There are different versions but the most well known is The Fivefold Kiss. When done as a solitary, instead of a kiss one anoints themselves with oil. Another way is to consecrate yourself using the elements just as you would a tool. This working includes both rituals. (I have also had great results combining them by doing The Fivefold Kiss using each element instead of anointing oil.) The ritual should be done skyclad. If you wear clothing, it defeats the ritual purpose. This ritual is best done during the full moon. It may be as simple or elaborate as you prefer.

Items needed for this ritual:

bath or shower
dish of salt to represent the element earth
dish of water to represent the element water
incense or smudge stick of your choice to represent air
candle, color of your choice
anointing oil of your choice
poem or chant about self-love and acceptance or how thou art goddess (optional)

1. After gathering all the items in your ritual space, take a ritual bath or shower. During this bathing, imagine all the negative beliefs you have about your body and how you look being cleansed away by the water. In its place, you are being bathed in self-love and acceptance and the unconditional love of Goddess.

2. When you are done bathing, go to your ritual space. (It's okay to wear a robe or towel to get there but please remove these before you begin.) If you traditionally cast a circle or invoke Goddess, do so now. Light the candle and the incense if you haven't already done so.

3. Turn and face north. Take a pinch of salt and taste it then say:
Powers of the North,
Guardians of the Earth,
I consecrate myself with this salt
and charge my body with your energies.
I purify my body and make it sacred.


(Note: If this feels too stiff or formal, please change it to suit your style. You may simply want to say something like I bless my body with this salt. Do this for each element.)

4. Turn to the east and, holding the tool in the smoke of the incense, say: 
Powers of the East,
Guardians of the Air,
I consecrate myself with this incense
and charge my body your energies.
I purify my body and make it sacred.

5. Turn to the south and pick up the candle with one hand while holding the other over the flame (just close enough to feel the heat. Be careful not to burn yourself.) and say: 
Powers of the South,
Guardians of the Fire,
I consecrate myself with this fire
and charge my body your energies.
I purify my body and make it sacred.

6. Turn to the west and sprinkle some of the water on your body then say: 
Powers of the West,
Guardians of Water,
I consecrate myself with this water
and charge my body with your energies.
I purify my body and make it sacred.

7. Pick up the oil. Dip the tip of your finger in the oil and anoint each body part as you say:
Blessed be thy feet, that have brought thee in these ways
Blessed be thy knees, that shall kneel at the sacred altar
Blessed be thy womb, without which we would not be
Blessed be thy breasts, formed in beauty
Blessed be thy lips, that shall utter the Sacred Names.

8. At this time recite the poem or chant if you have one. If you feel moved to dance, sing, raise energy, or meditate do so. This is your ritual.

9. Thank Goddess, close the ritual, or take down the circle if needed.

From this point on be aware that you are a blessed instrument of the Goddess. Thou art Goddess! Your body is a divine vessel in which you can experience and share healing, unconditional love, and gives you the means to perform your many activities. All acts of love and pleasure are Her rituals.

Sources: The Body Sacred by Dianne Sylvan
Paganism/Wicca about.com
Wikipedia

Comments

Toriz said…
Good luck with your goals! :)
Carole said…
Good luck. Very nice blog. You might like this Wordsworth quote about little acts of love and kindness. Acts of Kindness Wordsworth

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Mad Tea Party 2013 - and a giveaway