Back to life, Being a wife and Accidental Turkeys

Now that the wedding is completely over, and the final bits of stress have gone, it is time to settle back in to our normal lives.It's funny how crazy things get leading up to the wedding, and then it's over. Just like that.

I am gearing up to start classes again at the beginning of the year. I just don't know what I want to do. I began school as a paralegal major, but I just don't have a passion for it which is important to me. My passion, and what my heart wants, is to be an English Professor. I just know it is a huge monetary and time investment, and I don't know if we can afford it. It's really hard for me to make a decision this big. I think the problem I run into is that I can see so clearly both sides of the issue, that I cannot stop seeing all the negatives, and weighing them heavily. *sigh* I need to just make a decision and stick with it; easier said than done, right?

With Samhain beginning the witches year, I decided to set myself some Samhain to Samhain goals. I hadn't made one in a while, but I feel like I have put together a nice, realistic and attainable list.

* I will throw an amazing going away party for my little sister * I will make Yule gifts for my family and send cards to all my friends * I will register for and run Warrior Dash again * I will make Thanksgiving dinner for my family * I will find a volunteer opportunity at a homeless shelter or food bank during the holidays * I will start taking bellydance again * I will help my mom find a new apartment in Columbus, and get her moved * I will get our bedroom, the guestroom and the computer room in useable order * I will make new friends and reconnect with old * I will set and keep a budget and pay off VS, Dell and Best Buy * I will finish cleaning and getting my craft room in good working order * I will celebrate the full wheel of the year * I will start learning to play acoustic guitar * I will keep up my healthy diet and exercise program, and get down to a size 10 * I will get to where I can do 25 regular pushups * I will sign up for a gun safety course and go to a shooting range * I will take the art class Bobbi got me for my wedding shower * I will go on an actual vacation * I will attend at least 2 rennaissance faires I have never attended * I will try my hand at making my own bodice * I will start skating and training for Derby again * I will decide on a course of study and talk to the college * I will get my next tattoos * I will find a new family doc and get a check up and bloodwork done * I will watch less TV * I will take more weekend trips * I will keep my GPA at 3.0 or higher * I will throw an amazing Halloween party 2013 *

I will keep you updated on how things go and how good I do. I am already working on things and have things underway. I went to the grocery store, Kroger in case you want/need to know, and they had Thanksgiving turkeys on sale for $.78 a pound!! So I got a 16 lb turkey for about $12.90. Can't beat that with a stick. :)

Speaking of turkeys, I was walking with my mom on Friday in Sharon Woods Metro Park here in Columbus, and we were about 2.5 miles into a 3.8 mile path, when we came around a corner to this...


Yep...it's a whole rafter of turkeys. I looked that up, because I had no idea what a group of turkeys was called. It was so cool though that they were just chilling on the path. 



They let us get pretty close before they ran off into the field. They were pretty darn big, and I thought it was pretty brave of them to be so out in November, even in a public park. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Betsy's Gypsy Dreams