Ghost huntings and other fun actvities

This Memorial Day weekend is packed full of strange excitement for my family.
 
Tomorrow I head with Seth, my mom and Seth's mom and dad down to Mansfield to take a tour of the Ohio State Reformatory. This historical and supposedly haunted former prison is famous for being the setting for the film, The Shawshank Redemption. My mom stumbled upon an amazing Groupon for self-guided tours so we are headed that way. I am taking my camera and I am hoping I can capture the image of a ghost while we wander.
 
 
 
On Sunday I am volunteering with my mother at the Columbus Asian Festival, This is my first time attending this particular festival, but I am excited to see what it has to offer. I am hoping for delicious food and fabulous booths, and hopefully people selling fun stuff. :)
 
 
 
Beyond all that craziness life is interesting in my world. I have been trying to find a way to finish my bachelor's degree in English. I applied to a couple of local schools. I was absolutely accepted to one, but it is incredibly expensive and even with the $14,000 a year scholarship they are offering, plus my current loans I would come out owing close to $7,000 a year out of pocket. And my scholarship is contingent on me being enrolled full time, which I just don't think I can manage while working full time. If I am not working though, in order to make up for my lack of employment I would probably have to take out about $15,000 additional in student loans. Somehow I just don't think this is going to work. Sigh.
 
We are also looking into refinancing our house, and taking funds against it so we can make some badly needed repairs to the house. Like all new gutters and repairing our downstairs bathroom after we had a pipe freeze last year. The joys of being a home owner are never ending.
 
Being an adult is crap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Mad Tea Party 2013 - and a giveaway