Thanksgiving is here, now it is Christmas time!

For me, Christmas always begins the moment that Santa hits Herald Square in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I was in the middle of a walk when it happened, but I know that Santa hit about Noon today, so it is officially Christmas/ Yuletide Time. I have been buying some pre-holiday time holiday buys. I bought two DVD's: Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas and the original Miracle on 34th Street. I bought some holiday face art at 5below, as well as some holiday suspenders. And then at Target I got the cutest ugly sweater skirt.

We are now on the lookout for a new tree for our house. Our old tree was, well, old. So we took it out to the curb after last year, rather than taking it back to the basement. And we forgot about that until this week when thinking about decorating. Well, shit. We need a new tree. I know exactly what I would like to get; a 9 foot skinny tree, preferably un-lit, but lit white is fine. Hopefully we can find one in the next couple days for not too much.

My older sister, Krystie, is in town for a couple of days, so I assume there will be a lot of shenanigans. I will record it all and report back. As I said before we had a walk today, The Chase Columbus Turkey Trot. It is a 5 mile walk that benefits EasterSeals. It was fun, but damn are my legs sore now. Youch.
Turkey Trot

Suspenders and a peek at the skirt

Movies!! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Betsy's Gypsy Dreams